About

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Daily Drugstore Favorites


Since drugstore makeup is part of my daily routine I figured why not share my favorites with you guys. Most of my drugstore makeup is from CVS or a Drug Mart which are pretty common and easy to find in the US.


Starting with my only hair care item is the 'Not Your Mothers, Knotty to Nice conditioning detangler'. After getting out of the shower I usually add about 3-5 pumps of this to the ends of my hair, making it a lot easier to brush through and handle.  ($5.99)


Moving on to eye products this has to be my favorite drugstore mascara I've come across. the 'Maybelline, Voluminous false fiber lashes' is absolutely amazing. The brush completely prevents clumps and after using 3 bottles of this I still have yet to get a clump in my lashes. Not only do they appear to thicken your lashes, but they do a great job of extending them. ($8.99)


Last in the eye category is the 'Maybelline, master precise eyeliner'. This felt-tip eyeliner has become the only one I trust and use to do my everyday winged eyeliner. It's very easy to use and does not streak or smudge. I highly recommend this if you're everyday makeup consists of a wing or a more bold look. ($7.99)


Heading into my lip products is the 'Burt's Bees, replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil'. Not only does this to a fantastic job of keeping my lips healthy and smooth but it smells wonderful. It leaves a very light tint and basically only leaves a layer of shine but does a great job of moisturizing. ($6.69)


Ending the lip products is the 'Revlon, Colorburst matte balm' in the shade 240 Striking Spectaculaire. Never have I loved a red lip color more than this. After a use the color stays on for quite some time, and even though it is a matte balm it doesn't dry your lips like most other matte products. The color comes off easily onto your lips and does not need more than one swipe to see the color, (swatched above)
($7.99)


Last of my drugstore favorites is the 'CoverGirl, clean foundation' in the color 125 Buff Beige. Sadly this is not my year around skin tone color but only my summer one. But that doesn't change the fact I am in love with this foundation. When applied to your skin it blends in well, not leaving streaks or lines. It dries without looking heavy or noticeable giving you a more natural look compared to more of the thick foundations. Most easily applied with a Beauty Blender. ($5.59)

Live Big, -Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment